Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Meet-The-Parents Awards 2013



Following our meet-the-parent session on Friday, 15 March, I did a lot of thinking. While some sharings were really enlightening, some were "awakening". All of which came just-in-time and the dragon has been awakened! *\o/*

The session saw 35 sets of parents and lasted 8h 15min, the longest-ever in my years of teaching. But the best thing is - I walked away learning more about you, and myself. (^_*)  

Do you know that Yi Ning is working so hard at home that her mama has to tell her to stop? Are you also aware that Alena is so determined to do well that both her parents and I could sense it?

I have also learnt that there are people who are jealous of our achievements. Thankfully, I am unaffected. In fact, glad that people are. It means that we are doing well, and we will continue to do well. (",)

But the final outcome has not been decided yet, and we are not prepared to rest on our laurels. Let's all gear up for the many battles to come!

Gentlemen, start your engine! *Vroom! Vroom!*|;-) 

A more light-hearted moment from my hours of talking:

Most Encouraging Parent Award
  • Zendrea's Mama
For her forever-encouraging words to Zendrea to whatever I said about her. Zendrea, please persevere and do your mama proud, again & again. =D

Best Sense of Humour Parent Award
  • Jun Rong's Papa
I can't help but like to comment, each time when we met, how Jun Rong and him look alike. His instantaneous reply had always been, "It has to be, he's my product." Hahaha... ("!) His comments were also witty and spontaneous. I had a good laugh by several of his remarks.

Most Concerned Parent Award
  • Yu Hong's Mama
It has to be her. I feel deeply that I have to help him do better. Yu Hong, how? What do you suggest? 

Most Dynamic Parent Award
  • Jovan's Mama
You certainly need to meet her to feel it. Her energy swept me like tsunami that day. If you need a re-charge, she is the person to meet.

Best Discovery Award
  • Yi Ning's Mama
No parent has ever told me that they want their child to stop revising. She is the first one. "She is so stressed. She is always... etc. I have to tell her to stop."

Only if I could hear more of such...

Most Steadfast Parent Award
  • Jancy's Mama
Five times. I doubt this record can be broken. Twice with Zane, once with Aaron and twice with Jancy. She will attend this session every year. Every child is important to her, isn't it?

Most Easy-going Parent Award
  • Joseph's Mama
She came rushing in, perspiring. I was a little amused. That was the third time that I had met her. Once with Elizabeth and twice with Joseph. She would always agree with everything I said. Hmmm... How can I not do my best too? (^^)


Any other awards that come to my mind will be added in due course. (".)

No comments:

Post a Comment